[Mailman-Users] Problem creating a new List

Nikhil nikhil.bajpai at induslogic.com
Thu Aug 28 17:02:06 CEST 2003

Hi,
I did some more work on this problem.
The problem is coming because the file names cant have characters '<' &
'>' on windows.

As a hack I did the following.
I searched for "<site>" and changed line no 60 in MailList.py from
os.path.join(mm_cfg.LOCK_DIR, name or '<site>') + '.lock',
os.path.join(mm_cfg.LOCK_DIR, name or '_site_') + '.lock',

I recreated MailList.pyc after that.

Newlist worked successfully after that.

I have yet to test the installation. There is a possibility that I might
encounter more such problems.
Please let me know if what I did was OK.
Does anyone have a better idea/hack to achieve the same ?

Thanks,
Nikhil