[Mailman-Users] Personalization

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Wed Jan 8 16:37:52 CET 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Brian Read wrote:
> I've just read the little spiel on this under the non digest options.
>
> I don't entirely understand the "batching" issue. I understood from a
> domain.  If, however there is little domain crossover in the members of the
> list, then the inefficiency implied by the personalization option will not
> have any effect.
>
> Am I correct in this?

Yes.

The batching is also customizable.  I have my mailman batching set to
500.  Look at SMTP_MAX_RCPTS.  In my case each of the large domains is
about 10% of my list population (800 members on my largest list at the
moment and 83 have yahoo.com addresses).  I'd much rather send a
few messages to yahoo.com than 83.

alex