[Fwd: RE: [Mailman-Users] Local DNS vs. DNS on the same subnet]

Neil Dombrowski neil at ebuilt.com
Mon Jan 20 23:46:11 CET 2003

FWIW, DNS packets (request and response) are quite small. Obviously
being on the same box is ideal (speedwise), however being on your subnet
or an adjoining subnet probably won't make much of a noticeable
difference (unless your adjoining network is through a 56k modem or
something like that). I wouldn't worry too much about DNS lookups,
unless you're doing a LOT of them (I guess that's a possibility with
mailman).

Neil