[Mailman-Users] mailman-2.1-1.i386.rpm

Simon White simon at mtds.com
Wed Jan 29 16:36:38 CET 2003

29-Jan-03 at 09:27, Parker, David K (dparker at ci.bryan.tx.us) wrote :
> Apparently the RPM was set expect Postfix MTA to run as mail. I'm guessing
> the RedHat standard is to run MTA as nobody. I do appreciate the efforts of
> the person who put the rpm out. I've got the list back up on another RedHat
> 7.x box with Redhat distro Mailman RPM 2.0x. I'm thinking I'll wait until an
> official RPM for the RedHat distro is available prior to upgrading. As much
> as I love working with Linux, I have too many other time demands to get too
> buried in installing custom from source.

Postfix standards say that Postfix should run as postfix, but god knows
what RedHat will do to that.

Have you tried using SRPMS? Usually you can tweak that kind of stuff in
the spec file. Quicker than tarballs, and once happy you can create an
RPM for all your similar systems with your nicely tweaked settings.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.