[Mailman-Users] 2nd Question: BypassingConfirmation/Approval for New Subscribers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Dec 20 22:35:20 CET 2004

Mike Ewall wrote:

>I tried out the wget method mentioned below, but it doesn't seem to work
>for me either.  Trying them through a browser gives me a "CGI script error"
>stating "Error: No such list [listname]."  Trying the commands while SSH'd
>into the server gives errors as well.
>
>Any idea why the wget methods described in the thread earlier this month
>(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-December/041209.html)
>wouldn't work?

The part of the URI to the left of the "?" in e.g.

http://[domain.name]/mailman/admin/[listname]/members/add?subscribees=[user_email_address]&adminpw=[admin_password]&send_welcome_msg_to_this_batch=0&send_notifications_to_list_owner=0

should be exactly the same as the URI of the Membership
Management...->Mass Subscription page in your web admin interface for
the list. Is that the case in your tests? Also, the "[" and "]" around
the domain.name, listname, user email address and admin password are
to indicate that these are "variables". They are not literally
included in the URI.

If what you tried is "correct" with these things in mind, then I have
no idea why it doesn't work. When I do it, it returns the Mass
Subscription page with a Successfully subscribed indication for [user
email address].