[Mailman-Users] Re: GnuPG Integration?

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Thu Jan 15 19:05:00 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 11:19:58AM -0600, Michael Halcrow wrote:

> Hi.  My team would like to run a mailing list with another team
> external to the company, but verything needs to be GnuPG encrypted.
> Those who post to the mailing list must encrypt it with the mailing
> list account's public key, and every message that the mailing list
> application sends out must be encrypted with the public key of each
> recipient.  In addition, the archives must be accessable only to those
> who have authenticated, and the archives can only be transmitted via
> SSL.  Furthermore, the mailing list application can never send a
> password in the clear; when a recipient signs up for a mailing list,
> he must also provide his public key as an attachment, and the list
> administrator must give his explicit approval for the new member to be
> added to the list.  Does mailman support this functionality, or does
> it plan to in the future?

As far as I know, there is no support for this in Mailman (that's not an
"official" answer, though). Sympa has S/MIME support, and may add PGP
support at some point
(http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/documentation/article_smime/sympasmime.html)

I would also take a look at shibboleth:
http://www.interhack.net/pubs/shibboleth/

I'm not totally sure this will do exactly what you want, but it might be
worth looking at.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."