[Mailman-Users] ./newlist creation failure

Patrick Humpal phumpal at execinc.com
Fri May 13 20:14:00 CEST 2005

I've been trying to create a new list in mail man by using the ./newlist command from the bin directory. However, I get the following error each time I try to create the list:

[root at s-ticket bin]# ./newlist
Enter the name of the list: thisisatest
Enter the email of the person running the list: myemail at mydomain.com
Initial thisisatest password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./newlist", line 219, in ?
    main()
  File "./newlist", line 160, in main
    mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 457, in Create
    self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 372, in InitVars
    baseclass.InitVars(self)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 123, in InitVars
    }, mlist=self))
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 509, in maketext
    return findtext(templatefile, dict, raw, lang, mlist)[0]
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 485, in findtext
    raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, 'No template file found', templatefile)
IOError: [Errno 2] No template file found: 'emptyarchive.html'

Any ideas would be extremely useful. I've gone back and run through the config/installation process a few times to no avail. The alias seem to be setup fine and the templates are in their appropriate directories