[Mailman-Users] SOLVED Re: mp3 attachment

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Tue May 17 04:57:59 CEST 2005

> Anyway, assuming your filtering is currently set up with
> filter_mime_types empty and some entries in pass_mime_types, you need
> to add audio/mpeg and if not there already, multipart/mixed to
> pass_mime_types. That should work for all "correct" mp3 attachments.

Actually, "solved" might not be quite accurate.  Since my content filtering
was turned OFF, it shouldn't matter if I added audio/mpeg to the pass types.
However, the observation is that after I did that, it worked and allowed the
mp3 attachment to come through.  At first I had thought that it didn't, but
I guess I didn't wait long enough, and it took a little longer for SA and
ClamAV to process the message.  It showed up a tad bit later than I
expected, after my post!

So I don't understand what happened yet, but it is working!  Sorry for the
bother, but I did learn something about content filtering and mime types.  -
John