[Mailman-Users] Moderated list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 24 17:00:16 CEST 2005

Tariq Javaid wrote:

>I am still having trouble where I can set my list to a moderated list.
>I would like to view all of the messages reviewed by admin before they
>get posted. I check all the settings but it does not work. I have
>messages to be held in the queue but when I post a message they never
>appeared in the queue. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by "when I post a message they never appeared in the
queue"? Do you mean the message wasn't held?

You should (and maybe have) set default_member_moderation to Yes, but
have you set all current member's moderation flag to Yes?

Go to the bottom of the Membership Management...->Membership List page
and in

Additional Member Tasks

Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently
visible

click the "Yes" radio option and then click the Set button.