[Mailman-Users] Help

Mark.A.Lombardo mark.a.lombardo at olney-scout-group.org.uk
Fri Oct 28 13:40:14 CEST 2005

MUA = ?

-----Original Message-----
From:
mailman-users-bounces+mark.a.lombardo=olney-scout-group.org.uk at python.org
[mailto:mailman-users-bounces+mark.a.lombardo=olney-scout-group.org.uk at pytho
n.org] On Behalf Of Hannah Schroeter
Sent: 28 October 2005 10:39
To: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Help

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 08:53:03AM +0100, Mark.A.Lombardo wrote:
>Please can someone help me? I have set a distribution list using mailman
and
>my isp. I have set the replies to poster, but the whole list is receiving
>the replies, and it is annoying members of the list. Please people have
>discussed the confidentially issue.

Two words: User education.

And set the "reply-to header" setting appropriately (i.e. do *not* set
reply-to to the list), if you usually want direct replies to poster.
Oh I read you have already done that.

Then... User education (they should use the reply to sender function,
not group reply or list reply in their MUA if they want their replies to
be private).

If they aren't supposed at all to send to the list, deny them the right
to do so (possible on the web interface). Or set the list to moderated.

>Kind Regards

>Mark

Kind regards,

Hannah.