[Mailman-Users] double attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 8 00:23:11 CET 2006

tonya kay wrote:

>My email client is Mac's Mail, running on the Mac OSX operating system.
>
>When I send an email to my Mailman mailing list, the .jpg files I attach are
>duplicated in the recipient's email.  How can I assure that only one of each
>attachment is received?

I suspect this also happens when you send directly to user's whose MUAs
don't understand Mac attachments. I think Mac Mail is doing this, not
Mailman.

If in Mac Mail you select edit->attachments->Always Send Windows
Friendly Attachments or simple be sure the "Send Windows Friendly
Attachments" check box is checked in the file attach dialog when you
attach the file, I think you won't have this problem. The down side of
this is your Mac recipients won't get the 'resource fork' of the file
which may contain a custom icon or similar information.