[Mailman-Users] mangled email addresses

aaron at mutualaid.org aaron at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 10 04:23:00 CET 2006

I'm using Mailman 2.1.9. I've been getting reports from list owners of
lots of unexplained automated unsubscribes. While browsing trough
/logs/smtp-failure to look for clues, I came across many entries like
this:

Nov 09 09:31:48 2006 (2293) delivery to someone at email.comhmailto failed
with code 501: Bad recipient address syntax

But when I look at the list that this person is subscribed to, they are
subsribed with the email address someone at email.com - not
someone at email.comhmailto. So how is this email address getting mangled?

When I go to the Membership Management page for the list, there are
several invalid email addresses on the list (see attached) - could this
have something to do with it? I tried to unsubscribe the invalid
addresses, but am unable to do so. Anyway to manually remove these (since
they contain characters that I can not enter from shell)?

Thanks

- aaron