[Mailman-Users] Pipelining with Mailman?

matt at rocafella.org matt at rocafella.org
Tue Dec 12 00:18:03 CET 2006

Hi all,

I am in the process of converting an old script that reads thru a text
file and sends an email to a few thousand people (this is a legit business
opt-in newsletter).

I have a question regarding pipelining, etc.  If my mailing list has 600
subscribers from domain.com, will Mailman combined with my MTA (Postfix)
pipeline all of these messages that are destined to the same domain?  From
what I understand,  it will do this and send all of these messages with
one unique Message ID, instead of 300 separate Message Id’s.  This should
reduce the likelihood that the remote mail server will filter my emails as
spam.  Does this sound right?  I am basing my argument that we need to
switch to Mailman on the fact that the old script takes ages (several
hours) and that it is more likely to get us blacklisted because of the
method of sending mail that it uses.

Please help me make sense of this.