[Mailman-Users] delay=10

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 20 20:34:28 CET 2006

noc ops wrote:

>couldn't locate qfiles/retry or qfiles/out? where this directory located?

Based on a prior post in this thread, I'm guessing
/var/mailman/qfiles/retry and /var/mailman/qfiles/out, however this is
moot. See below.

>also, error is empty, post shows that my messages were sent successfully
>and smtp-failure is empty.
>
>not sure what else to look for because it appears that i can send first
>three messages to the list and anything after that gets blackholed?

If the post log shows the post was sent, it's out of Mailman's hands.
It has been passed to the outgoing MTA and whatever happens after that
is up to the MTA and beyond.

Based on 'everything after three messages is blackholed', I'd say the
outgoing MTA/ISP has a limit on the number of
messages/recipients/whatever that can be sent within some time period.