[Mailman-Users] Bounce Processing Settings

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 24 19:44:47 CET 2006

Christopher Adams wrote:

>So, my question is- using my current settings, do rejection messages to
>non-members generate any bounce traffic? The logs show a message sent to
>a bogus user, but it seems to end there - no mailman log activity.

The reject message itself may bounce if the non-member address is
undeliverable. This bounce is normally unnoticed because the
undeliverable address is normally parsed from the bounce message and
ignored since it is a non-member. In those cases where the bounce
format is unrecognized, the bounce will be sent to the owner if
bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner is true.