[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to notify a poster when moderatedmessage gets approved ?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 24 19:58:07 CET 2006

David O'Byrne wrote:

>We have had one recent issue.
>When a staff member posts to a moderated list and the posting gets held for
>approval the staff member gets notified.
>
>However they receive no notification when the message finally gets approved
>by the list moderator.
>
>Is there any way in mailman (short of resorting to writing
>python code) of notifying the poster when approving the message ?

Not other than the moderator manually sending an email to the poster.

However, if the post is held because it is from a moderated member, and
the member's delivery is enabled, and the member has not elected to
not receive his/her own posts, the member (poster) will receive a copy
of the post from the list which should be a clue.

I suppose the moderator could also "Forward messages (individually)
to:" the poster while approving the message, but this would perhaps be
ambiguious unless the staff knew that when they receive a "Forward of
moderated message" it means the post is accepted, but this too would
be a manual process subject to error.