[Mailman-Users] Mailman stagger script?

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Wed Jan 25 17:09:21 CET 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Daniel/The Fold wrote:

> >I was told by my hosting company that I need to pick a mailing list
> >manager for my 14,000+ subscriber e-mail list that would stagger the
> >sending of the email to something like 300 e-mails per hour to lower the

> Where is this list hosted? Is it on your server or at the hosting
> company. If it's your box and you have your own outgoing MTA, this
> shouldn't be an issue for the hosting company other than the bandwidth
> on your connection if they provide that.

Dan, do you know how long it is taking  to send to this list now ? Might it
make a difference if you did this at night / off-hours ?

Mark & John are right about the time, unless this is a once a week type of
thing sending at that rate is going to get backlogged.

If this is the site for the band that on the domain you mailed from I'm
guessing they/you are on a budget. If you get to the looking for a new host
stage contact me off list, I'll see what I can do.