[Mailman-Users] Virual host email from address defaulting to realhostname.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 4 03:36:09 CEST 2006

----- Original Message ---------------

Subject: RE: [Mailman-Users] Virual host email from address defaulting
to realhostname.
   From: "Richard Beyer" <richard at another.com.au>
   Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:14:04 +1000
     To: "'Mark Sapiro'" <msapiro at value.net>,
          <mailman-users at python.org>

>Thanks Mark, however,
>
>bin/fix_url.py tells me to use bin/withlist
>bin/withlist (with options as instructed) gives an error:
>
>bin/withlist -l -r lists.lcg.org.au committee

The command you want is

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url committee

assuming 'committee is the list name. You could use

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url committee -u lists.lcg.org.au

but that isn't necessary as it will use DEFAULT_URL_HOST and
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST if you don't specify a host option.

BTW, I didn't mention this in my first reply and you didn't mention it
either, but assuming that the settings of DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and
DEFAULT_URL_HOST in Defaults.py are not 'lists.lcg.org.au', you need
to put

following

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.lcg.org.au'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.lcg.org.au'