[Mailman-Users] PGP keys causing problems

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu May 18 00:59:30 CEST 2006

Jeff DeReus wrote:
> On 5/17/06, Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:
[...]
>> To be clear, does the message arrive properly to list members or is
>> the attachment and body stripped there as well as in the archives?
>> In my testing only the archived copy was stripped.
>

> The actual text and key arrived to the mailing list.  At this point
> I cannot verify from anyone if the attachment made it through
> correctly.  my apologies.

No problem.  I'm betting the attachment did arrive, based on my own
tests.  I think this is a bug limited to the archiver.

> I have enabled the content_filter and added mime_types to see if
> this will solve my little problem.
>
> application/pgp-signature
> multipart/signed

Let us know if it does.  I'm not really familiar enough with the code
to know if it will help.  I don't think it will, but I could easily be
mistaken.

> As you might understand, losing patches is not a desirable outcome,
> so maybe in the meantime this will have some effect.

Nope, losing important parts of messages in the archives isn't good.
I wouldn't like any patches I took the time to create getting eaten.

>> Flattened?  Reading the mbox of my test list with mutt the message
>> and attachment were all normal and the signature verified properly.
>
> I am probably using the wrong word in the wrong place here.
> Everything is displayed properly in the mbox for the list.  It is
> only the archive that is affected.

That's good to know.  Unfortunately, I don't know enough about how the
archive scrubber code works to know how to solve the problem.
Hopefully someone else can offer some help.

- --
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to
pause and reflect.
    -- Mark Twain