[Mailman-Users] Newbie questions

Tom Wolfe twolfe at sawback.com
Fri May 26 19:05:39 CEST 2006

1. Mass subscription format:

"Real Name" <email at address.com>
"Real2 Name2" <email2 at address2.com>
...etc
has worked for me. "Real Name" is optional, you can just put email
addresses on each line, e.g.

email at address.com
email2 at address2.com
...etc

2. You can use email commands to retrieve the list of members by doing

To: listname-request at domain.com
From: (a subscriber's email address, pref. admin)
Subject: who password [address=<address>]

>From the help:

who password [address=<address>]
See everyone who is on this mailing list. The roster is limited to list
members only, and you must supply your membership password to retrieve it.
If you're posting from an address other than your membership address,
specify your membership address with `address=<address>' (no brackets
around the email address, and no quotes!)

You should be able to manipulate the reply easily enough to create a good
text file for uploading to mailman.

Regards,
Tom Wolfe