[Mailman-Users] Upgrade to mailman-2.1.9

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Nov 2 04:11:50 CET 2006

Odhiambo Washington writes:

 > I have finally decided to upgrade from 2.1.5 -> 2.1.9, but I am being
 > hesitant because in 2.1.5, there was a patch to integrate spam
 > filtering into Mailman using SpamAssassin.

First, look at doing the filtering in the MTA.

Second, look at the new filtering options in 2.1.9.

Third, if you absolutely must use something like jamesh's "patch",
AFAICS jamesh's method should still work for 2.1.9 without update.
It's not really a patch; it's a third party handler which you then
insert into the distribution pipeline.  Mailman architecture would
have to change an awful lot before that becomes unusable.