[Mailman-Users] Mailman and UTF8
nospam001-lists at jankoh.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 21 18:29:14 CET 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I think I wrote about this problem some time ago and thought I fixed that
with your help. But acually I did not. :(
I running a German list and so also have a German list archive.
Now I moved my server to utf8 and tried to get Mailman to work with it.
I have set all neccessary things in mm_cfg.py but it still did not work.
So I found out, I have to encode the german mailman.po file in UTF-8 and
then rebuild the *.mo out of it. Now it works, so I can provide this
version (to large for this list to attach it). (Mailman 2.1.9_rc1).
But there is one (small) thing left:
If you look in  you will notice one incorrectly displayed character
(the ---next part---, in German ---nächster Teil--- does not work in all
cases ( does not work,  does), altough all my editors say, the
umlaut is correctly declared...
So maybe I missed something or there is a bug somewhere.
But anyway, if Peer does read this list and wants/needs help I could hav a
closer look on the translation to get it complete.
Best regards Jan
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Mailman-Users