[Mailman-Users] Cron gate_news

Ki Song ki at knifecenter.com
Thu Oct 12 21:09:29 CEST 2006

>> I ran check perms and there were no problems found.
>>
>> What else do I need to check? I am still getting the
>> Cron <mailman at mail> /usr/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news
>> message.
>
> What happens if you manually run
>
> /usr/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news
>
> as the 'mailman' user?
>
> Where is the crontab that runs this installed?
>
> Is the 'mailman' user a member of the 'mailman' group?

I found out that the mailman user was no longer a member of the mailman
group.
So, I logged in as root, and added mailman to the mailman group.

For a couple hours, this error message stopped.

However, after a couple hours, the same error message about mailman not
being allowed permission to run the file is emailed to me again.

I log into the server as mailman, type in groups, and find out that mailman
is again, no longer a part of the mailman group.

I didn't change any permissions.
Could there be some script that is automatically removing mailman from the
mailman group?