[Mailman-Users] How to move a list from 2.1.2

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Oct 31 17:17:13 CET 2006

stephen at xemacs.org wrote:
> Carl Zwanzig writes:
>  > I mean, how many people that install from RPMs even know that there
>  > might be a README file to read, let along to and find it?
>
> This is something that has peeved me for a decade.  Installers for
> commercial software usually offer you the README after installation.
> Why don't pkgsrc and dpkg and rpm and portage and MacPorts do that?

If rpm asked me if I wanted to read the README every time I installed a
package, I'd claw my eyes out. rpm has always worked in a fully
automated fashion, i.e. no prompting for EULAs, etc.

"rpm -qld mailman" tells me where all the docs are, thankyouverymuch. ;-)

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services