[Mailman-Users] accept_these_nonmembers not working

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Sun Dec 16 19:42:14 CET 2007

One of the regular posters to my mailing list prefers to post from an
address different from the one where she recieves posts.  The first time
she did this, her post came up for moderation and I clicked on "accept" and
also checked the box to have her posts automatically be accepted.

If I go to my accept_these_nonmembers list, her address is in the box (and
has been for a while).

Since then, every time she posts, her messages still get held for
moderation.  I have the option to let them go through, which I do, but now
there is no way to check an option for auto processing.  It's simply
missing.

I realize that I could ask her to subscribe with her posting address and
then disable mail delivery.  But that seems rather roundabout.  Also, my
ISP doesn't allow mass subscribe (they did migrate my lists for me but I
can't get them to do every single add as it comes up), so my subscriber
would have to do the work and she uses a keyboard with great difficulty.
Not to mention that she isn't the only member who will want to post from a
different address and there are legit non-members who post to my list too.
I'd just like the feature to work.

Note that the address the moderation request thinks she is sending from
does exactly match the one in accept_these_nonmembers.  And the reason for
moderation is given as: Post to moderated list.

Here is the moderation information I'm given, with her personal information
edited:

From: <subscriber's address>

Action to take on all these held messages:
   Defer          Accept	    Reject	   Discard

 Preserve messages for the site administrator
 Forward messages (individually) to:

Click on the message number to view the individual message, or you can view
all messages from <subscriber's address>

[1]  Subject:	<subject>
    Size:	5366 bytes
    Reason:	Post to moderated list
    Received:	Sun Dec 16 05:26:10 2007

Thanks for any assistance you all can give.

Cyndi