[Mailman-Users] Clearing out stored attachments

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 7 21:35:13 CEST 2008

Todd Seeleman wrote:

>   I'm currently running mailman-2.1.9 on a Tru64/Alpha system.  I have archiving turned off for all the lists however I notice a large number of attachments stored in
>/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/<listname>.  How can I manage and control the size & number of these attachments so they don't continue to consume more and more disk space?

Since archiving is off, these attachments are being scrubbed and stored
either from all messages if the list's scrub_nondigest is Yes, or from
the plain text format digest.

The options available are:

- Use content filtering to remove the attachments before messages are
sent, or

- Do not scrub_nondigest, set digestable to No and change any current
digest subscribers to regular, or

- Set up a cron to go through archives/private/*/attachments/ and
delete any directories older than x.