[Mailman-Users] Mailman CAS Authentication

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 28 16:35:46 CEST 2010

Nathan A Trapp wrote:

>After much research, I am rather stumped at how to modify the mailman authentication system. I was wondering if anyone could point me towards the right Python files to edit in order to implement an alternate authentication scheme (such as CAS) for mailman administrative login. I know I've seen the University of Washington page do this (see here http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/admin/aaivmail), but I have not had any such luck.

The authentication itself is (almost) all in Mailman/SecurityManager.py
(verification of list member passwords in in the MemberAdaptor -
default Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py).

The admin, admindb, user options and private archive login pages are
all generated on the fly by the respective Mailman/Cgi/*.py modules.