[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.14 stops sending mail

Millsap, James James.Millsap at chicagobooth.edu
Wed Apr 10 17:43:01 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have mailman 2.1.14 running on RHEL 5.9 with sendmail 8.13.8-8.1.el5_7, and Python 2.4.3.

The problem presents itself by mailman no longer sending out mail sent to the lists.  The mail is queuing up, and when mailman is stopped and started it all delivers.  That leads to the other strange part.  All of the mailman daemons stop when I run the stop script,  except

mailman  15854     1  0 10:01 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s start
mailman  15861 15854  0 10:01 ?        00:00:06 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=OutgoingRunner:0:1 -s

I have to kill the outgoingrunner specifically.  The only thing I see in the logs is a lack of logging.  It has been running with stunning reliability on this machine for the last few years, so I am not sure what is going on.  Perhaps one of redhat's patches killed it.

James Millsap
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, IL  60637
(773) 702-7955