[Python-3000] Py3k_struni additional test failures under cygwin

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 31 21:42:54 CEST 2007

>> Is this also a restriction on CYGWIN? I don't know
>> anything about CYGWIN but I could imagine that they allow unlink() to
>> succeed when there's still a file descriptor referencing it, and that
>> they will delete the file when you close it.
>
> Exactly. That is exactly what they do.

Not exactly; it's not possible with Win32 to do that.

What they do instead is
1. try to delete the file. If that fails for sharing
   violation, try 2.
2. move the file to the recycle bin, and set the
   "delete" disposition flag on the file, this will
   cause it to be removed from the recycle bin when
   the last handle is closed.

Regards,
Martin