ANN[Numerical optimization] Connect your solver(s) to OpenOpt!

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Tue Jan 15 13:02:56 CET 2008

Hi all,
let me remember you that OpenOpt is free Python-based BSD-licensed
alternative to commercial AMPL, GAMS, TOMOPT/TOMNET, that are rather
costly.

Anyone is welcome to connect his solver(s) in terms of any license(s).
Let me also note: information of solver authors, homepage, license,
algorithm is stored in output structure, for example
>>> r.solverInfo
{'alg': 'Augmented Lagrangian Multipliers', 'homepage': 'http://
www.ime.usp.br/~egbirgin/tango/', 'license': 'GPL', 'authors': 'J. M.
Martinez martinezimecc-at-gmail.com, Ernesto G. Birgin egbirgin-at-
ime.usp.br, Jan Marcel Paiva Gentil jgmarcel-at-ime.usp.br'}

Here are some reasons for optimization software owners/developers to
connect their software to OpenOpt
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/whereProfitsForOpenOptConnectedSolverOwners

and here are some reasons for users to choose OpenOpt:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/whyOpenOpt4user

Regards, OpenOpt developers

homepage:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt

Brief introduction to numerical optimization problems and related
software:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OOIntroduction

newsline:
http://openopt.blogspot.com/