[python-committers] Poll: Do you like the PEP 572 Assignment Expressions?

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed May 2 06:13:21 EDT 2018

> On 2 May 2018 at 10:49, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I would like to start a poll on Chris Angelico's PEP 572 "Assignment
>> Expressions", restricted to Python core developers, to prepare the
>> talk at the Language Summit:
>
> Do we really need this spilling over into yet another mailing list?

I already saw polls on Twitter, but I don't know if I should trust
Twitter polls because of the filter bubble. Moreover, this poll is
restricted to core developers, so it's different.

There will be a session about the PEP 572 next week at the Language
Summit, but I'm afraid that the session may go in all directions since
I didn't see any explicit agenda nor moderator yet:

  https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2018-April/153250.html

I would prefer to prepare the session to be more efficient. I also
care of other topics discussed the Language Summit.

The poll is also for the ones who will not be able to attend the
Language Summit.

By the way, the list of sessions is not available yet, Larry/Barry?

  https://us.pycon.org/2018/events/language-summit/

Victor