[Python-Dev] Replacing IDLE

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 03:50:03 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:49 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> This is not how it works. We cannot incorporate something into Python
> without explicit consent and support from the author(s). So for any
> editor to be incorporated as a replacement (along with all libraries
> it depends on) we would need a commitment from the author(s) that they
> support the fork that we create (and eventually abandon their
> stand-alone release in favor of the fork).

Does that mean even if authors of some imaginary editor agree to
incorporate their code into Python, the framework that it is built
upon will have to be incorporated into Python also (and eventually
abandoned at original location)?

In this situation I see no way we can provide any decent tools for GUI
like for default editor.

Thanks for support.
--
anatoly t.