[Python-Dev] core dev IRC nicks

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Aug 29 15:38:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:21:15 -0500, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Chris Jerdonek
> <chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a list somewhere of the IRC nicks of the core developers that
> > use IRC (and who wish to be listed) alongside their real names?  If
> > there is no such list, has there ever been discussion on python-dev of
> > creating such a list?
>
> I'm sure we could make one, but it's probably of limited utility since
> not many people are on IRC, and those who are come and go throughout
> the day, throughout the month, year, etc.
>
> It'd just end up being another list to try and keep up to date
> (alphabetized, of course). You're probably better off just asking
> who's around whenever you're on.

On the other hand, a lot of people, especially the people who do use IRC
frequently and are therefore most likely to be found there, keep the same
IRC handle for a long time (I've had mine, bitdancer, since 1995 or so).
So I think there would be utility in such a list even if the updates
were spotty.

--
R. David Murray

If you like the work I do for Python, you can enable me to spend more
time doing it by supporting me here:  http://gittip.com/bitdancer