[Python-ideas] PEP 428 - object-oriented filesystem paths

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Oct 9 13:26:47 CEST 2012

<ironfroggy at gmail.com> wrote:

> path.py was in teh wild, and is still in use. Why do we find ourselves
debating new libraries like this as PEPs? We need to let them play out, see what
sticks. If someone wants to make this library and stick it on PyPI, I'm not
stopping them. I'm encouraging it. Let's see how it plays out. if it works out
well, it deserves a PEP. In two or three years.

> I agree,
>
> This discussion has been framed unfairly.

path.py (or a similar API) has already been rejected as PEP 355. I see no need
to go through this again, at least not in this discussion thread. If you want to
re-discuss PEP 355, please open a separate thread.

Regards

Antoine.