[Python-ideas] docs.python.org

Bruce Leban bruce at leapyear.org
Fri Oct 26 19:56:25 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Yury Selivanov <yselivanov.ml at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2012-10-26, at 1:42 PM, Christian Heimes <christian at python.org> wrote:
>
> >> Are we still going to do that?
> >
> > How about http://docs2.python.org for the latest stable version of
> > Python 2.x and http://docs3.python.org for the latest stable of Python
> > 3.x? The py3k docs traditionally point to the latest development version.
>
> As for me, I like simple 'docs.python.org'.
> The rest of UX is easy to ensure with a little JS ;)
> Take a look at my patch attached to the issue 16331.

There are tons of links out there that would break if you switched to docs2
and docs3. JS is better. And it would accommodate a feature where a user
can set a preference of what version of python documentation they want to
see rather than defaulting to 2.7 or 3.x.

--- Bruce
Follow me: http://www.twitter.com/Vroo http://www.vroospeak.com