[Python-ideas] Built-in parsing library

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Tue Apr 9 13:59:59 EDT 2019

Nam,

I'm not so sure that a "universal parsing library" is possible for the stdlib.

I think one way you could find out what the requirements are is to refactor at least 2
of the existing stdlib modules that you have identified as needing a better parser.

Did you find that you could use the same parser code for both?
Would it apply to other modules?

Barry