Print a PDF transparently

Daniel Crespo dcrespo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:39:19 EST 2006

Hi, Thanks for all the answers.

My main purpose is to print on Windows systems (98,2000,XP) and permit
to print pages of 1/3 of a letter height, and make the printer to stop
at that point (in dot matrix printers). When I have a PDF with that
paper size and send it to print from Acrobat, it prints and stops
perfect (in Win98, I have to create a custom form consisting of that
paper size). The problem is that PDF files have to be handled by
external applications, or non-free drivers.

Based on all this, I have been investigating about postscript files. I
realize that printers do handle this language, so I think if I have a
.ps file and send it directly to the printer, it should do the job,
right? (this is certainly a question) If the answer is True, no matter
in what platform I am, if I send the same .ps to the printer, it should
print the same result.

And if all of these is true, then, my problem reduces to generate the
.ps file.

Comments please

Daniel