[python-win32] 'No such interface supported' error after makepy

Jens B. Jorgensen jens.jorgensen at tallan.com
Wed Oct 8 09:23:39 EDT 2003

It's probably something to do with the office automation components
rather than Python I'm guessing. The error really seems to indicate that
the object that is instantiated is saying that it doesn't support the
IDispatch interface. This is weird but I have seen weirder things happen
for no reason (i.e. COM registry entries getting mangled with bizarre
entries for no reason causing strange errors to occur).

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen at tallan.com

"With a focused commitment to our clients and our people, we deliver value through customized technology solutions."