[python-win32] Problems with XML COM server

Amit Upadhyay upadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:32:22 CEST 2005

> Using python 2.3 and py2exe 0.4.2, a standalone EXE builds and works
> fine, but the COM server fails the --register command line with 'Cannot
> locate Python module win32com.server.localserver' while executing
> UseCommandLine()

Hi,

I am new to this too, but I tried using py2exe for packaging a COM server,
and used a setup.py something like:

import mymodule
opts = {
"py2exe": {
"includes": "encodings,encodings.*"
}
}
setup(com_server=["mymodule"], options=opts

and running this script I got comple of dll, pyd files and some exe file. I
ignored the exe, registered the mymodule.dll using regsvr32 and was able to
access it using COM clients.

--
Amit Upadhyay
Blog: http://www.rootshell.be/~upadhyay