[python-win32] polling values from physical sensors

Reenaers, Ludovic ludovic.reenaers at be.unisys.com
Wed Jul 6 13:01:55 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm using python for years now, but it seems that going a bit too deep
for my poor knowledge. I know this is may-be not best place for such a
question, but I feel a bit disappointed right now.

I'm currently trying to write service in python (prototyping), this
service will, ideally, poll physical sensors (such as temperature
sensor, light sensor,...) to get range of values. I want to write it on
a Win32 platform. But, My problem is: I don't have any idea of the
necessary hardware and, never the less, I don't know which python/win32
module I will have to use in order to communicate with those sensor.
Will I have to buy a kind of controller for sensors? What kind? Is there
some normalization about that? Does some body Has any Idea where I could
start my investigations?

Thanks in advance,

Ludo