[python-win32] Excel corrupted display problem

Metz, Bobby W, WWCS bwmetz at att.com
Fri Aug 18 02:51:42 CEST 2006

Interesting description.  Sounds similar to a non-MS app I automate
which does something similar.  If closed from Python everything works
fine; however, if user closes app before Python the next time it's
launched it opens hidden and user can't see it at all.  The only partial
work around I've found is to use a certain routine in that app to detect
the condition and enum the toplevel windows to find and kill the pid of
the hidden app.  Sounds awfully similar.  Is the Excel issue definitely
a MS one I wonder...just thinking out loud.

Bobby