[python-win32] FrontPage COM Object Events

iman gowhari igowhari at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 20:50:54 CEST 2006

# Hi
# I want to get events of FrontPage Web and Page object models with this
code.
# OnPageNew and OnActivate works properly but when I click on the page
nothing happen.
# I know that I want to get events of two different COM objects.
# But I don't know how can I do that.
# (I run this when FrontPage is active. Then I create a new page.)
# Thanks

from win32com.client import DispatchWithEvents
import time, pythoncom, msvcrt, types

class FrontPageEvents:
    def __init__(self):
        print 'FrontPageEvents'
    def OnPageNew(self, page):
        global t1, t2
        t1=DispatchWithEvents(page, PageExEvents)
        t2=DispatchWithEvents(fp.ActiveDocument, PageEvents)
        print fp.ActiveDocument

class PageExEvents:
    def __init__(self):
        print 'PageExEvents'
    def OnActivate(self):
        print 'OnActivate'

class PageEvents:
    def __init__(self):
        print 'PageEvents'
    def onclick(self):
        print 'onclick'

t1=None
t2=None
fp=DispatchWithEvents("FrontPage.Application", FrontPageEvents)

while not msvcrt.kbhit():
    pythoncom.PumpWaitingMessages()
    time.sleep(.2)
msvcrt.getch()