[Matplotlib-users] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling matplotlib on OS-X without Fink

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 2 01:28:59 CET 2005

Larry Meyn wrote:
> An alternative way to get freetype, libpng and zlib for OS X is to use
> the  the  i-Installer (http://ii2.sourceforge.net/) distribution
> application.  It is primarily for TeX on OS X, but it provides several
> other useful binaries for OS X.

Thanks larry. I've used that for TeX, which is probably where I got
zlib. However, somehow I found it to be a real pain to use, I don't
really remember why.

It's too bad that Apple hasn't provided an officially sanctioned package
manger for this kind of thing. It's really a mess with Fink,
DarwinPorts, Portage, i-Installer, etc. Oh well, at least we can get
this stuff working, I wouldn't have even tried with the old MacOS.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov