[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter and Antialiasing

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 13 13:44:08 CEST 2009

I wasn't ignoring it. I answered you. I must have posted somewhere else
too (sig-int). Somewhere along the line someone suggested that I post
here. It seemed quite logical, since the problem is in Tkinter (PIL too,
I suppose), so I did.

I find posts to these lists a little odd anyway. People are posting from
outside the tkinter-discuss at python.org. Responding to them rather than
the list tends to confuse matters (I'm referring to the fact their posts
may not show tkinter-discuss at python.org, so one must supply it).
Secondly, if one doesn't use plain text, then the post may not get to
the list. This is not to mention that not using Reply All may seems not
to prefer picking up the mail-list address. There are just a lot of
bumps in the road.

Guilherme Polo wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Wayne Watson
> <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> If I draw a fairly slanted line across an image using Tkinter, it looks
>> a bit jagged. Is this typical of Tkinter graphics, or is there an option
>> or mechanism that will antialias?
>>

> I'm just copying & pasting my last answer Wayne, hopefully you won't
> ignore it again.
>
> "
> Tkinter is not really responsible for the drawing, it just passes the
> responsibility to tk. The standard tk canvas is not going to give you
> pretty results, but there is an option if you want to continue using
> tk for this. Last time I checked you could use the tkpath extension
> (can be found at http://tclbitprint.sourceforge.net/), and maybe there
> are other extensions to do the same.
> "
>

>> Win XP, Python 2.5, Tkinter 8.4.
>>
>> --
>>          Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA)

           All the neutrons, and protons in the human body occupy
           a cube whose is 5.52*10**-6 meters. That adds up to a
           150 pound person. It's not a surprise that we are mostly
           space. (Calculation by WTW)