[Tkinter-discuss] List Reply To: field - was: Tkinter and Antialiasing

Tim Jones timj at tolisgroup.com
Mon Apr 13 15:28:35 CEST 2009

On Apr 13, 2009, at 4:44 AM, Wayne Watson wrote:

> I find posts to these lists a little odd anyway. People are posting
> from outside the tkinter-discuss at python.org. Responding to them
> rather than the list tends to confuse matters (I'm referring to the
> fact their posts may not show tkinter-discuss at python.org, so one
> must supply it). Secondly, if one doesn't use plain text, then the
> post may not get to the list. This is not to mention that not using
> There are just a lot of bumps in the road.

On this point, I must agree.  If I don't remember to hit "Reply All",
any response that I send is sent ONLY to the From: address.  And even
when I do hit Reply All, the original From: address is the primary
To: address.  It seems to me that a proper list always has itself as
the default Reply To: entry.

Is it possible to get the list reconfigured to add a Reply To: field
that defaults to the list?

Sorry, Wayne, but I don't have a answer for your anti-aliasing query.

Tim