[Tutor] really dumb questions [writelines]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:54:39 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, kevin parks wrote:

> >Thats why Beasleys book is good - it adds the examples ;-)
>
> I loved that book. I used to have the 1st edition, but it left it on
> the subway. I can't find the new edition here in Seoul, i've checked
> everywhere. Some stores have the old one, but i can't buy that again.
> If i am going to fork up that kind of money for an imported book I
> want it to be up to date. Anyone in Korea and got one they want to
> sell??

I'll probably be going to Korea with my father during this summer. If you
don't have Beazley's book by then, I can 'import Beazley' for you if you'd
like.

> > f.writelines(map(lambda s: s+'\n', ["Scooby", "Dooby", "Doo"]))
>
> This didn't work for me at all.

Hmmm!  How did it break?  This should work; it might be interesting to see
why it didn't do what we expected.  Did you get an error message, or was
the output just weird?

Talk to you later!