[Tutor] New Python book

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:40:52 -0800

Greetings all:

'Python: How to Program' (2002, Prentice-Hall)
is now available.  It includes stuff on XHTML/CSS,
XML, PyOpenGL, XML, interfacing with a database,
CGI and more (even some stuff on 2.2 iterators and
generators).

It's designed as possible course text, with questions
and exercises at the end of each chapter.  Comes with
CD, including the source code, Alice (multimedia
package with Python API) and Apache web server.

Kirby

PS:  I was a reviewer, doing testing and providing
feedback on some of the chapters (one of many, see
pg. LV).  Just got my copy from the publisher
yesterday.  Dunno the sale price -- it's a 1300 page
monster (plus CD) so probably in the $45-$60 range,
judging from similar books.  Wait, I should just
check Amazon...  yikes, $74.  Well, like I say, it's
a mighty thick tome.