[Tutor] help regarding forms... (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 8 00:48:30 CEST 2006

> this list is setup to send to the poster by default. I made the
> mistake of doing such a thing earlier myself.

Hi Terrence,

Most email clients have a separate "Reply to All" or "Reply to group"
command that's suitable for mailing lists.  Check to see if your mail
client has this feature.

> I know this is a huge item of contention, but do people favor having the
> default be to send replies to the list?

There are good reasons for keeping the status quo:

There's no technical reason why we couldn't switch to reply-to munging ---
Mailman supports it --- but I haven't heard anything compelling enough
that addresses the issues raised by that article above.

Best of wishes!