[Tutor] Document Control System

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Jan 14 18:10:53 CET 2008

ammar azif wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is python suitable in developing web based document control system ? I
> was thinking of using python and mysql to create such system. Users can
> download latest document as well as upload drafts. Is this possible or i
> should use PHP instead?

Document control can mean many things but it should be possible using
Python. You might be interested in these:
http://www.python.org/about/success/ezro/
http://www.python.org/about/success/st-andrews/

Zope and Plone also might be of interest. Or maybe you want a
revision-control system like Subversion (not in Python) (google them).

Kent