[Tutor] Document Control System

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Mon Jan 14 19:20:24 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:43:46AM -0800, ammar azif wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Is python suitable in developing web based document control
> system ? I was thinking of using python and mysql to create such
> system. Users can download latest document as well as upload
> drafts. Is this possible or i should use PHP instead?

Also look at Silva:

    http://infrae.com/products/silva

Silva, as well as Plone (http://plone.org), are intended for
*content* management.  They use workflow rules to control the
movement of on-line documents through the system.  Document
management, in contrast with content management might mean
something slightly different to you.

- Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman